Putting Fierce Self-Love In Action
I was preparing my follow-up email to the Self-Love Summit yesterday. While contemplating my own journey with self-love the past few weeks, I realized that I have adopted fierce self-love recently. I am showing up for myself in new ways and noticing things in my life that I will no longer tolerate. Some might call it trimming the fat! Others might call it up-leveling. Either way, one of the whispers of my future is a much more loving relationship with myself.
Here’s a laundry list of what I am noticing. I am:
- Setting boundaries that I previously haven’t
- Noticing the times that I want to disengage from some part of me and instead, welcoming my shadow, my inner child, and the other cast of characters that call my personal experience home
- Becoming aware of what I have been tolerating and tightening up my life so I am not tolerating those things
- Receiving from others instead of always trying to figure out how to do it all on my own
- Continuing to work on getting my unmet needs met in a conscious way
- Dressing each day for how I want to feel
- Making routine time for creative expression
- Noticing all the ways I am supported in my life from little things like the bed holding me when I sleep to big things like a project job dropping out of the sky that helps me pay my bills with ease
- Paying attention to what is nonnegotiable in my life and carrying it forward
- Spending time deepening relationships with those that are available for a connection that nurtures me and letting go of relationships with those that cannot be connected in that deeper way
Developing Fierce Self-Love
The journey to self-love is a life long journey. And on the road, our ability to tune into ourselves and make adjustments will help us build the muscles required to have fierce self-love. In my experience the journey is about awareness, daily practices, and fine tuning.
Ask yourself a few questions right now.
- What are you rocking in your relationship with yourself?
- Are you noticing things about your life that are a constant annoyance you just tolerate?
- Can you identify the nonnegotiables in your life? Those things that light you up and are worth carrying forward in your life.
- How do you differentiate between relationships that support you and those that bring you down?
- What daily or weekly practices will support you in having a more satisfying relationship with yourself?
- Where can you soften more and let the world support you more?
These questions will help you fine-tune your self-love journey. I highly recommend you tune into yourself and run through this list of questions every couple of months. A routine review of these questions will help you build your self-love muscles.
Support For Your Journey Of Fierce Self-Love
- This article gives key steps to build your self-love muscle.
- Another article outlines a smorgasbord of self-love practices that will spark your imagination by offering new ideas for how to be more loving toward yourself.
- The book, Life Makeovers, by Cheryl Richardson is a classic on this topic. And it is designed to use in a group with others so you have support while building your self-love muscle!
- Matt Kahn’s video Radical Self-Acceptance is a must see video on this topic.
Fierce self-love will take you out of the daily grind and help you create magic in your life! Because nothing that happens out there will affect you in the same way when you are loving yourself in a deep way. Your attention to how you show up for yourself will radically shift your life one choice at a time.
Ready to have support holding your heart and building a life that leaves you Vibrant. Imaginative. Unforgettable? Please schedule a discovery session with me using my online scheduling system. You will get the joy of creating a shift in your life and decide what happens from there.
If you would like the support of a Facebook community that is focused on supporting heart centered living, join Closeted Creatives Coaching. There are regular posts to inspire you, spark your imagination, help you become more vibrant, and lead a life that is as unique as your fingerprint.
Blessings on your journey of softening to and embracing your beautiful heart!