My Adventure: Seeing A Horse About A Man
In Westerns, the famous line is always, “I’m going to see a man about a horse.” In my case the exact opposite was true. I saw a horse about my relationship with men. And what a mind-blowing experience with these gorgeous creatures! It all started when I met a woman who does Equine assisted coaching a few weeks ago. We stayed in touch after the coaching meeting we both attended and then I chose to try some work with her gorgeous horse, Blue Angel. I went to the demo fully intending to work on what to do about my work and finding the sweet spot in my career. Low and behold, what arose in the arena was about a man.
Turns out, that lucky for me, one of the other horses in the herd was male. Sly was the perfect energetic creature to work with me on this important topic. I want to reference my blog from earlier this week about healthy masculine and feminine energy. In it were qualities of the healthy masculine that allow the feminine to relax and open up.
The scene started in an all too familiar way. Sly was busy trying to get it on with one of the horses in the herd. He was pushing all over that smaller horse’s boundaries and hell-bent on getting what he wanted. And then he came over to me and started invading all of my energetic boundaries as well. Demanding attention and physical contact of course!
Ladies we have all lived through this experience in different ways one too many times. For me, I have repeated the pattern with every man I have been in an intimate relationship with during my life.
Shifting My Energy About A Man
One of the amazing qualities of horses is their absolute unfiltered response to the energy we are projecting. So Sly was the perfect teacher of the bad habits I have created for myself in relationships with men. I haven’t demanded that they respect or honor me and what I need. It took time, but I learned that I could ask for what I need from men without fear of punishment.
Here’s a look at the lessons about a man I learned in a short 30 minutes with Sly:
- I am allowed to energetically project the terms of engagement with male energy. I can demand physical space and not let them close to my heart until they have shown me respect.
- It is okay to keep making my needs known until the masculine gets me and my needs. I don’t have to become submissive and surrender my needs to his masculine energy.
- Masculine energy respects me when I am clear about what I am asking for and when I communicate both energetically and with words what I need in each moment.
- I realized how much I had always worshiped my Dad. And how I just wanted him to love me for the creative and sensitive person I was designed to be. Unfortunately, as a result of wanting him to love me, I surrendered that person and have spent 40 years of my life trying to be more like everyone else. During the time I was working through this revelation, the female horse, Blue Angel, was wandering around the outskirts of the arena searching everywhere. What a mirror!
Spending Time With Horses About A Man
I am still reeling from the experience of yesterday. At the end of my experience with Sly we had moments to just be in heartfelt connection. He had some really powerful things to communicate with me using just his heart. And after 5 minutes of this communication, my heart was so blown open it was like jelly! Quivering, wide open, and every wall around it pulled down.
How many of us can say we have felt that recently?
The messages between us are mine and his to hold. But the loving energy was so transforming that I will never be the same again. I felt what it was to be in a relationship with masculine energy without a single wall up. And I felt him let me know I was enough.
This isn’t my usual blog post, I am still processing and recovering from the energy surge of the experience about a man. But I trust that the words I am inspired to share with you will touch your heart as they are meant to in this moment.
Workshop – Building Relationship Harmony is set for Saturday May 13th. Join me as I partner with my colleague, Brian Zirngible LMFT, to provide a workshop about healthy masculine and feminine energy. The workshop takes place in Burnsville, MN.
Brian and I did a short intro video so you can see that though we have serious content to help you, we have playful and entertaining hearts to keep the process engaging!
This workshop will:
- Give you permission to practice self-care and create a plan to insert more self-care into your life
- Discuss some of the common masculine and feminine pressures and expectations
- Explore healthy masculine and feminine archetypes
- Discuss some of the common differences between the masculine and feminine ways of being in the world that can make relationships challenging
- Learn how to apply a number of easy tools to help you build relationship harmony
To learn more and register, click here
This book takes you on a personal journey for 30 days to strengthen your connection with your Divine Feminine Energy and your creative genius. It will remind you that everyone is creative and there are multiple ways to express creatively in the world. The daily pages are filled with reflections, inspiration, and activities that support you on this important transformation journey.
And if you are looking for the companion audio that helps you welcome your creative genius home, you will find it on my Resources page.
Until Next Time…
Share in the comments below or on my Facebook page, how can you let others soften your heart more?
Ready to have support holding your heart and building a life that leaves you Vibrant. Imaginative. Unforgettable.? Please schedule a discovery session with me using my online scheduling system. You will get the joy of creating a shift in your life and decide what happens from there.
If you would like the support of a Facebook community that is focused on supporting heart-centered living, join Closeted Creatives Coaching. There are regular posts to inspire you, spark your imagination, help you become more vibrant, and lead a life that is as unique as your fingerprint.
Blessings on your journey of softening to and embracing your beautiful heart!